When you try to login into your AOL mail account on some mobile apps (iPhone and Android) like Gmail, you’ll be met with an AOL password not working error.
Don’t worry, it is a fixable problem but you’ll need access to a laptop or PC to be able to fix it. Before we go any further, note that resetting your AOL password will not solve the problem.
How to solve AOL login issue on all mobile apps
Here’s a quick walk-through on how to add your AOL account to any mobile app with login problems.
I’m using the Gmail app on an Android device but the process should be the same on iOS devices:
1. Log onto your AOL Mail account through your PC browser.
2. On the top-right corner, tap on Options (It’s quite tiny).
3. Click on Account Security.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Manage app passwords.
5. Select the app you’re using on your other device from the resulting drop-down menu.
6. Click on Generate to create a random password.
7. AOL will generate a 16-letter password.
8. Go to your mobile app, enter your username and use the provided password to log in (the spaces within the password also count).
9. Your app should now load the AOL email account without any hitches.
AOL has been around for quite a while but seems to be lagging behind its competitors in the email business.
However, the AOL password not working issue was the only problem I’ve encountered while using their email service. The login issue is not present if you use Samsung’s Email app.