You may in some instances wake up and find an enormous amount of messages from WhatsApp groups that you have been added to overnight without your consent.
This happens often when friends or strangers with access to your phone number add you to all manner of WhatsApp groups. You can’t have any control over what these people can do with your number including adding you to random WhatsApp groups.
Thankfully, you can avoid this problem by tweaking your WhatsApp privacy settings in a few simple steps.
1. Open WhatsApp
2. Tap on the three vertical dots on the right upper corner of the homepage
3. Go to the Settings option from the resulting menu
4. Tap on Account
5. Click on Privacy
6. From the resulting menu go to Groups
7. Select the My contacts except… option
8. Select all contacts on your phonebook
9. Now you have total control over being added to WhatsApp groups
By having this setting on, group admins who want to add you to a group will have to send you an invitation link privately.
You can either ignore the invitation or tap on the Join group button if you’re interested in joining. The link expires after 72 hours.
That’s it, no more annoying fundraising message for a wedding you have no interest in!