One of the most vexing things about WhatsApp is having to save a number that you’ll probably use once before being able to send a message or call. What if I told you there’s a simple solution to get around this problem.
Here’s a quick guide on how to send a WhatsApp message to a number that’s not on your contact list. You don’t need a third-party app to do it.
How to set it up on both Android and iPhone
1. Go to your mobile browser (any browser will work) and type in https://wa.me/phonenumber.
2. Make sure you have the country code without the (+). For example, for a US number, https://wa.me/12025550143 would mean you want to contact the number +1-202-555-0143.
3. You’ll be redirected to a webpage showing the number and a green button to CONTINUE CHAT.
4. Tap on the button and a normal WhatsApp chat window will open on WhatsApp Messenger.
5. You can now start chatting with the contact without having to save the number.
The above process is simple with little steps and far more convenient than saving a number and then having to delete it from your contact list later on. To be honest most of us usually forget to delete contacts that we don’t need anymore.
As a result, you may end up with a bloated contact list full of numbers you don’t need or total strangers.
I hope this simple guide helped make your WhatApp experience better. If you have any queries on this topic, let me know in the comments section below.