One of the most vexing things about WhatsApp is having to save a number that you’ll probably use once before being able to send a message or call. What if I told you there’s a simple solution to get around this problem.
Here’s a quick guide on how to send a WhatsApp message to a number that’s not on your contact list. You don’t need a third-party app to do it.
How to set it up on both Android and iPhone
1. Go to your mobile browser (any browser will work) and type in https://wa.me/phonenumber.
2. Make sure you have the country code without the (+). For example, for a US number, https://wa.me/12025550143 would mean you want to contact the number +1-202-555-0143.
3. You’ll be redirected to a webpage showing the number and a green button to CONTINUE CHAT.
4. Tap on the button and a normal WhatsApp chat window will open on WhatsApp Messenger.
5. You can now start chatting with the contact without having to save the number.
The above process is simple and far more convenient than saving a number – and then having to delete it from your contact list later on.
Most of us usually forget to delete contacts that we don’t need anymore.
As a result, we end up with a bloated contact list full of strangers or people we may never talk to again.
I hope this simple guide is going to improve your WhatsApp experience. If you have any queries on this topic, let me know in the comments section below.
- Using GB WhatsApp or FM WhatsApp may not be a good idea
- How to use WhatsApp for Business
- How to save WhatsApp Status images and videos
- How to prevent being added to random WhatsApp groups